WEEK FIVE UPDATE:
This week’s Petals of Appreciation celebrates the fathers in my life: my dad, my brothers-in-law, friends, uncles, and grandpops. Here are some examples of why you deserve my appreciation today and everyday:
- You impart a love of learning – reading to them at night and doing homework
- You support their extracurricular interests – going to dance recitals, athletic events, and gymnastic classes
- You are both structured and loving – providing them security and a safe environment in which to grow
- You make them laugh and hold them when they cry
- You tell them they are loved and reassure them of that fact every single day
To all the fathers out there (whether through genetics or adoption) who raise up instead of knocking down, I celebrate you. HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!