Use the image below as inspiration for a story (fictional or non-fiction), and include all five senses (or more) when drafting your piece.
Imagine that a set of red velour curtains are blocking your view. As they part, what do you see?
- Are you sitting in a theatre, clapping excitedly as the cast takes their final bows?
- Are you part of the cast stepping on stage to thunderous applause?
- Perhaps the red curtain is symbolic of a particular turning point in your life.
- Are you sitting in a classic-style movie theatre, waiting for the curtains to part and the movie to start?
- Do the curtains block the view from your bedroom window, giving you a glimpse into all you’ve missed?
No second-guessing yourself – just write as the ideas flow!!!!
Please use the hashtag #WritingPromptWednesday on social media sites to connect with others who are doing the prompts.