It’s been a productive few months. In my prior blog entry, I wrote about how I somehow managed to lose the most recent version of Part 2 of my novel. Since then, I had to admit that I’d gone off-course. I got so intrigued by the secondary characters and their subplots that I made my protagonist take a back seat to the story.
I realized my error and re-invested my focus on the young girl who has so much to tell. Coming to that realization helped make it easier to cut what didn’t fit and add what was needed. Diligence, determination, confidence – that kept me working on Part 2 even when I got frustrated that more had to be done.
This weekend I completed Part 2 and eagerly moved on the third, and final, section. I am excited and re-energized with the work I’m creating. As anxious as I may be to have it finished and ready for publication, I won’t rush it. What I will do is give the story, and my main character, all the value so deserved.
All the best,